Any Doc!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAARPS = Mind Control

2 posters

หน้า 2 จาก 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Empty Re: HAARPS = Mind Control

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 am

In defense of both my sanity and the veracity of my allegations, I now relate part of a conversation I recently had with a prison paid, but supposedly independent and neutral paralegal advisor. He stated that he has received similar complaints from other inmates, but that nothing can be done for lack of evidence. He said that one inmate in particular has been placed on forced medication (Prolixin) because of his hearing "voices," and unless I'm greatly mistaken, I believe his words carried an unofficial warning for me. At least two inmates that I know of have been badgered to the point of having attempted suicide as a result of this mental torment, and something stinks to the high heavens here! All of the staff, as well as a number of inmates, are aware of what is happening, so I can't fathom how it can remain, or even at this time, be a kept and closed secret human nature being what it is. For the most part, I believe the other knowledgeable inmates are intimidated and cowed for fear of retaliation in the form of a mental torture routine such as I'm being subjected to should they complain. Threats of additional time being imposed by the Parole Board are also being used to coerce silence. Tough odds to buck.

Prison officials deny that they are perpetrating any such activities in response to formal inquiry but will grin and smugly indicate full awareness when no witnesses are present. "Yes, we are doing this to you, but no one will believe it, and you can do nothing to deter us." This is the attitude they project, and they are engaging in a conspiracy of inmate experimentation and exploitation that defies description. The outside authorities who even made a pretense of investigating my allegations were told I'm a habitual trouble maker with a history of psychological problems, and that effectively frustrates my attempts to have this situation looked into right there. Who is to dispute the word of my law-abiding and honorable keepers? How to verify and impress upon investigators the honesty of my accusations? What concrete evidence do I have? Even a group of inmates alleging corresponding facts are subject to skepticism as prison officials will simply accuse them of collusion. I'm being deliberately isolated from the inmates who would collaborate my story, by the way--and legal organizations such as the A.C.L.U., due to lack of substantiated proof and the absurdity of this horror show, are hesitant to invest the time and effort necessary to determine what is actually taking place at the hands of these pious Mormon inquisitioners. I've seen them in action and they are possessed of exceptional finesse in their ability to conceal the true nature of matters and mislead outsiders with their upright and holier than thou pretentiousness. It has been eleven months of deception by prison officials, of nonstop elaborate harassments and vicious mind games, and I would surely like to know just what provocation I gave to warrant the infliction of such insane mistreatment. No rhyme or reason--nor justification--either legal or moral, to any of this. They are so very smug and secure in the belief that they cannot be brought to account for these blatantly illegal acts due to their well rehearsed methods of official denial, isolation, and absence of witnesses, bogus psychiatric evaluations, and of course, the fact that this mental torment is being accomplished by a faceless machine, operated by anonymous antagonists from an unknown location and distance. I overheard one guard boast that the tactics they've employed have been so extensive that no one would believe me anyway.

I was an Air Force brat, born in New Foundland and stubborn as a Missouri mule. I suppose I could capitulate and eventually get these people to cease and desist in this mental warfare, but I vehemently resent and object to this flagrant invasion of the sanctity of my mind and will be damned if I'll just sit here and allow them to go unchallenged in this attempted programming and manipulation of my brain and personality as though I were an experimental laboratory animal. The judge sentenced me to serve an atonemental amount of time for my crime and said nothing of corporal punishments or mental torment and abuse when he passed judgment. It is plain enough why they went to such extremes to set me up for isolation and discredit my word. I have to shake my head in incredulous dismay when I picture the outrageousness of the circumstances I've been maneuvered into. I recently signed a release form and obtained, acting through the paralegal I previously mentioned, partial copies of both my administrative and medical prison files. I was denied access to all of this material and told to get a court order if I wished to see what was withheld. What I did see, however, was enough to convince me that I'm dealing with some highly unscrupulous people who will stop at nothing to protect their conspiracy. The chronological notes contained in these files bore a contrived and twisted mass of outright lies pertaining to alleged conversations between myself and both psychological and correctional staff. This deceit was expressly woven in harmony by the various contributors to detract from my credibility and make me appear unstable. There was, in fact, mention of obtaining a court order to force treatment on me (Prolixin?), and I find it very sad, and hard to believe, that this type of atrocious inhumanity is being practiced in this country in this day and age. Equally hard to understand is the fact that the state officials I have advised of this situation, including the Governor, Attorney General, State Senate, County Attorney, and Department of Corrections Personnel, all choose to ignore and make light of these allegations, even though there is strong indication of foul play due to the numerous individual complaints made by inmates at this institution. I even went so far as to challenge Warden Gerald Cook, and Gary Deland, who is the Executive Director of the Department of Corrections, to a $1500.00 wager as to the outcome of a polygraph test between myself and prison officials to determine who is speaking the truth. They have declined my invitation, of course, and I was threatened with the possibility of disciplinary action for my proposal of illicit gambling. This is a Mormon state, and there is a deep-rooted conspiracy going on which apparently encompasses most, if not all of the governmental structure. Can nothing be done?

It may very well prove impossible to bring legal action against these people for what they're doing to me, but I fully intend to continue my pursuit of the answers--and shall endeavor to expose this malignant corruption for what it is. I firmly believe the truth must eventually surface.

Any consideration you can give this matter--either assisting me with information, suggesting responsible authorities from whom I might elicit assistance, or possibly forwarding this letter to someone who could cause investigation, and perhaps act to prevent further retaliation by these people, would be ever so greatly appreciated. This letter has been written in good faith, and I sincerely hope you will treat it as such. If nothing else, I ask that you at least accord me the courtesy of acknowledging receipt.

Sincerely,

David James Fratus
17886 Box 250
Draper, Utah 84020
sunny
sunny

จำนวนข้อความ : 3511
Registration date : 28/06/2008

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 am

Europe Blows Whistle on That Great Eavesdropper, the NSA

Simon Davies
August 4, 1999

Europe is discretely gearing up for one of the most interesting legal battles in its history. At stake is the future of the world's most secretive intelligence organization, America's National Security Agency.

The NSA is in the business of eavesdropping on the world's communications networks for the benefit of the United States. In doing so, it has built a vast spying operation that reaches into the telephone systems of nearly every country. Its operations are so secret that this activity, outside the U.S., occurs without any democratic oversight and without any legal basis.

Over the past year, members of the European Parliament have learned, to their astonishment, that the NSA, in collusion with the British government, has created the means to intercept almost every fax, e-mail and telephone call within the European Union. The revelation has irritated governments throughout Europe, culminating in a current Italian judicial inquiry into the legality of the NSA's activity.

Sketchy details of the NSA's spying in Europe had been common currency here for decades but had never been formally acknowledged. Attempts by British MPs had for decades been ignored.

The issue has erupted now because of two recent European Parliament studies that confirm the existence in Britain of a network of communications intelligence bases operated by the NSA.

The publication last year of the first report, "An Appraisal of the Technologies of Political Control," confirmed for the first time that the NSA had established a surveillance capacity over the entire European communications network. It also described a grid of supercomputers, known as Echelon, capable of scanning vast areas of the communications spectrum to detect keywords.

Of particular interest to Parliament was the report's assertion that the NSA was beefing up its commercial espionage activities. Its claim is that the NSA has been routinely intercepting sensitive traffic relating to bids, takeovers, mergers, investments and tender offers, all for U.S. economic benefit.

Questions have been raised by parliamentarians in Germany, Norway, Denmark, Holland and Sweden. Then, in September, the plenary session of the European Parliament took the unprecedented step of openly debating the activities of the NSA. In a consensus resolution, the Parliament fired a shot across the bow of the spooks by demanding more openness and accountability.

Any thoughts that these matters were simply paranoid musings by fans of "The X-Files" were scuttled in June when the second report, "Interception Capabilities 2000," set out the technical specifications of the interception system.

The report revealed details of a secret plan to create a "seamless" web of telecommunications surveillance across all national boundaries. The strategy was advised by national security agencies and by the FBI, which instigated with Brussels a top-secret planning organization called the International Law Enforcement Telecommunications Seminar.

In time, two vast systems--one designed for national security and one for law enforcement--would merge and, in the process, would cripple national control over surveillance activities.

The scandal has found its way to Washington. The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has ordered the NSA to hand over documents relating to Echelon. The NSA has for the first time in the committee's history refused, claiming attorney-client privilege.

The standoff may well end the NSA's privileged position. Rep. Bob Barr (R-Ga.), worried by the potential breach of constitutional privacy rights, has introduced an amendment to the fiscal 2000 Intelligence Authorization Act requiring the directors of the CIA and the NSA and Atty. Gen. Janet Reno to submit a report outlining the legal standards being employed within project Echelon in order to safeguard the privacy of American citizens.

The NSA's silence has fueled the present inquiry by the Rome judiciary. The head of the inquiry, Deputy Dist. Atty. Vittorio De Cesare, intends to determine the extent to which the activities of the NSA may breach Italian law.

Italy's privacy watchdog, Stefano Rodota, has also expressed his concern, and recently told local media, "The U.S. government [has] not replied to the requests for clarifications made explicitly by the European Parliament." Rodota has motivated his fellow privacy commissioners throughout Europe to formally investigate the Echelon system.

These recent events have left observers contemplating two distressing facts. First, national borders have disintegrated. The NSA and its partner agencies now can intercept any communication worldwide. Second, the distinction between traditional police and security agencies has blurred. The future is without doubt a seamless, borderless, surveillance web that touches all facets of our communication.

Simon Davies Is a Visiting Fellow in the Computer Security Research Centre in the London School of Economics and Director of the Human Rights Group, Privacy International

Copyright 1999 Los Angeles Times. All Rights Reserved
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Mind Control & Timothy McVeigh's Rise from "Robotic" Soldier to Mad Bomber

The popular conception was spun by the press corps like a clay urn: McVeigh, the volatile minute man, was so bitter after failing to make the Army's "elite" Special Forces, so stuffed full of the froth of the Turner Diaries, that he vented his rage on the Alfred Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

But Captain Terry Guild, McVeigh's' former platoon leader, told reporters that the failure to become a Green Beret left the Iraq War veteran "upset. Not angry. Just very, very disappointed." In the Army, he demonstrated a willingness to carry out orders, any orders. He trained on his own time while other soldiers languished in their bunks or caroused at the PX. As a civilian, Timothy McVeigh continued to dwell on the military. In 1992 he took a job with Burns International Security Services in Buffalo and was assigned to the security detail at Calspan, a Pentagon contractor that conducts classified research in advanced aerospace rocketry and electronic warfare. Al Salandra, a spokesman for Calspan, told reporters that McVeigh was "a model employee."

"He was real different," Todd Regier, a plumber, told the Boston Globe. "Kind of cold. He was almost like a robot."

Within a few months, his manager planned on promoting McVeigh to the supervisory level. But McVeigh's bitterness, once directed at the military, "was becoming directed at a much larger, more ubiquitous enemy." It was in Buffalo, as a civilian, that McVeigh's rage peaked. He complained that federal agents had left him with an unexplained scar on his posterior, implanted him with a microchip. It was painful, he said, to sit on the chip.

It's conceivable, given the current state-of-the-art in classified mind control technology, that McVeigh had been drawn into an experimental black project.

Jeff Camp, who worked as a guard with McVeigh in upstate New York after high school, told Newsweek that the bomber was "a very strange person. It was like he had two different personalities." The press has ignored the rise of mind control operations and technology, but electronic monitoring of the brain has been perfected in research laboratories more secretive than the military science units that once tested nuclear isotopes on crippled children.

The generals keep it close to their armored vests, but the miniature implantable monitor was declassified long ago. Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for instance, markets a sensor implant sealed inside a "hermetic biocompatible package" that runs on a tiny power coil, complete with a programmable sensor and telemetry circuits. Sandia's sales literature notes that the implant's design "is founded on technology originally developed for weapons."

The Pentagon's electromagnetic arsenal is cloaked by the "nonlethal defense" program the media has been busily selling as a "humane" alternative to conventional death-dealing conventional arms.

From the Pentagon's electromagnetic underworld came Timothy McVeigh, the "robotic" recruit obsessed with visions of Waco and Ruby Ridge. If he had indeed been implanted, McVeigh marched in step with a small army of glassy-eyed assassins.

No Programmed Killer's Hall-of-Fame would be complete without a bust of Dennis Sweeney, the student activist who murdered Allard Lowenstein, the famed civil rights and anti-war activist. Lowenstein was suspected by many of fronting for the CIA. A Yale graduate, he marched in the Freedom Summer of 1964 in Mississippi, campaigned for Adlai Stevenson and Robert Kennedy. Yet he was a close friend of William F. Buckley, the garrulous CIA asset and Lowenstein's conservative counterpart. He qualified for the Nixon enemy list, but associated with the coalition of felons occupying the White House. He ran the National Student Association before the CIA took over.

For several years, Lowenstein attempted to prove that a conspiracy was responsible for the deaths of John Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. and was also responsible for his own political downfall ... a malevolent force that would explain the civil rights movement's decline. Sweeney, who had protested with Lowenstein in Mississippi, shot his tumultuous mentor seven times at Rockefeller Center. The assassin remained calm and did not flee.
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm

He maintained that the CIA, with Lowenstein's help, had implanted him with a telemetric brain device fifteen years earlier, and made his life an unbearable torment. Voices were transmitted through his dental work, he said, and he attempted to silence them by filing his false teeth. Sweeney blamed remote "controllers" for the assassination of San Francisco mayor George Moscone.

The murders of Moscone and City Supervisor Harvey Milk had all the earmarks of mind control. Dan White, their assassin, had been a paratrooper in the 173rd Airborne Division, in which capacity he served in Vietnam. He was discharged from Fort Bragg in 1967, returned to San Francisco and joined the police department. He lived in Sausalito, drove a Porsche and generally lived far beyond his means. In 1972 he gave it all up and took a vacation since known as White's "missing year."

Back in San Francisco, he joined the fire department. His temper tantrums were an embarrassment to co-workers, though his work record was without blemish. In his run for the Board of Supervisors, White spoke as if he was "programmed," according to Stan Smith, a local labor leader. During Board sessions, White was known to slip into lapses of silence punctuated by goose-stepping walks around the chambers.

White used illegal hollow-point bullets. After Milk's body was cremated, the ashes were enshrined at his prior direction with bubble bath, signifying his homosexuality, and several packets of Kool-Aid, a clue that Milk left behind, per the will he'd revised a week before the shootings, to signify Jim Jones of the People's Temple, a CIA mind control experiment that ended with the destruction of 1200 subjects.

"I can be killed with ease," Milk noted in a poem written the month he died, "I can be cut right down." In his new will, he wrote: "Let the bullets that rip through my brain smash every closet door in the country."

Allegations of classified federal mind control operations have surfaced repeatedly, erupting from hidden pockets of the "national security" underground. In 1984, Francis Fox of Coral Gables, Florida, the owner of a prestigious bridal shop, announced that she'd been subjected to a traumatic set of mind control experiments by CIA and military psychiatrists. She spoke to reporters for the St. Petersburg Times for three hours. The story, "Military Controls My Mind, Woman Says," appeared on March 6, 1994. "Fox said her father was a Cuban-American," the Times reported. "He went into the U.S. military and was stationed in Panama, Germany and several U.S. bases, including MacDill in Tampa." She was tormented for a year, while her father was visiting Cuba. She was subjected to ritualized trauma by her father on instructions from the CIA, Fox believes, to "split" her and "deposit the painful memory with several alter personalities."

Five months after the Oklahoma bombing, freeway sniper Christopher Scalley claimed to take direction from "electronic appliances," as reported by the San Francisco Chronicle on August 19, 1995:

Why Evidence on I-80 Sniper Languished - CHP was given suspect's license number in June

Auburn, Placer County- The California Highway Patrol received information almost two months ago leading to the man arrested Thursday in the Interstate 80 sniping spree, but an official acknowledged yesterday that the CHP did not pass it on to local investigators.

David Morillas of Loomis said his wife Carla wrote down the license number of a truck that passed them after the side rear window of their car was blown away, showering their sleeping 5-year- old son with glass in what is now thought to have been the sniper's first attack, in Citrus Heights, a Sacramento suburb, on June 27.

"We kept thinking that the CHP was checking into it,'' Morillas said. He said yesterday that after his car window shattered, he saw a red Toyota pickup suddenly slow down and shift into the right lane on the roadway.

Morillas said he slowed down alongside the truck and yelled through an open window. "I was shouting at him. 'Did you see what happened to my window?'.

. . Finally, he said, 'I didn't see nothing.' He was kind of talking weird, mumbling. I couldn't understand him.''

The tie-in between the June 27 shooting and the other 14 sniper attacks was not made until this week, when Carla Morillas spoke to sheriff's officers. The officers discovered that the license plate number she had reported matched the tag number of their suspect, Christopher Shaw Scalley, 48, of Applegate, who was arrested Thursday.

According to arrest documents, Scalley told Placer County authorities that he had been receiving messages via radio waves and electronic appliances, and had heard voices telepathically from passing vehicles. Scalley had been arrested before for the sale of controlled substances and for driving under the influence.

Scalley had been missing since his home was searched Tuesday. He was spotted Thursday by a television news crew in his red pickup outside a home in Carmichael, where a friend of Scalley's reportedly committed suicide Wednesday....
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Advances in 'overhead' sensors - satellites and UAVs (Unmanned Aerospace Vehicles) included - will create opportunities not only to detect targets but to track them as they move. In (U.S. Air Force Joint Chief of Staff) General Fogelman's view, "this is kind of a revolution in warfare," - Interview with General Ronald R. Fogelman, Jane's Defense Weekly, 1995

McVeigh's rage at a target "larger" and "more ubiquitous" than the military was incited at Calspan, within a year of his failed Special Forces entrance examination, several months AFTER leaving the Army.

Calspan and electromagnetic mind control both have roots at the same Ivy League institution - Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. Calspan was founded in 1946 as Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory. And Cornell was also the contract base for the CIA's "Human Ecology Fund," a fount of financial support for classified experimentation at the country's leading universities.

Cornell Aerospace was reorganized in 1972 and renamed Calspan. Six years later, the firm was acquired by Arvin Industries. Recently, Arvin-Calspan merged with Space Industries International (SII), a commercial space- flight venture based in Texas. During the Reagan-Bush era, SII expanded from a staff of 33 to over 2,700 employees.

Timothy McVeigh was assigned to the conglomerate's Advanced Technology Center in Buffalo, N.Y. (Calspan ATC). ATC sales literature boasts a large energy shock tunnel, radar facilities and "a radio-frequency (RF) simulator facility for evaluating electronic warfare techniques." One Calspan research lab specializes in microscopic engineering. Calspan literature boasts that ATC employs "numerous world-renowned scientists and engineers" on "the cutting edge" of scientific research.

The technology is well within Calspan's sphere of its pursuits. The company is instrumental in REDCAP, an Air Force electronic warfare system that winds through every Department of Defense facility in the country.

The week before the bombing in Oklahoma City. A rash of newspaper stories reported that a disembodied, rumbling, low-frequency hum had been heard across the country. Past hums in Taos, NM, Eugene, OR, Timmons, Ontario and Bristol, UK were (despite specious official denials) attuned to the brain's auditory pathways. Brain telemetering systems are a subset of the Pentagon's "non-lethal" arsenal. The dystopian implications were explored by Defense News for March 20, 1995: "Naval Research Lab Attempts to Meld Neurons and Chips: Studies May Produce Army of 'Zombies.' Future battles, the newspaper reported, "could be waged with genetically engineered organisms, such as rodents, whose minds are controlled by computer chips engineered with living brain cells.... The research, called Hippocampal Neuron Patterning, grows live neurons on computer chips. 'This technology that alters neurons could potentially be used on people to create zombie armies,' Lawrence Korb, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, said."

The president of SII is former space shuttle astronaut Joseph P. Allen, whose early accomplishments included a Fulbright scholarship to Germany (1959), and nuclear research at Brookhaven National Laboratory (1963-67), under investigation by the Department of Energy in 1994 for conducting secret radiation experiments on human subjects. Dr. Allen was recruited by NASA in 1967. He has also served as a staff consultant to the President's Council on International Economic Policy, and was a NASA assistant administrator for legislative affairs (1975-78).

From the "mammal tracking" folk at Eglin AFB hails Richard Covey, a former astronaut who has flown four shuttle missions and took five spacewalks, currently SII's director of business development. Covey the fighter hawk served two tours of Duty in Vietnam, and flew 339 combat missions. An Air Force release notes that his immediate postwar assignment was to Eglin AFB, where he was joint director for electronic warfare testing of the F-15 Eagle.

Another ranking scientist at Calspan, Paul Brodnicki chaired the technical program at a conference on electronic warfare simulations held in February, 1994 at the US Army Research Laboratory in Adelphi, Maryland. Topics on the itinerary included off-board "Radio-Frequency Self-Protection."

Calspan places much research, emphasis on bioengineering and artificial intelligence. In May, 1995, Lames Llinas of the Buffalo division gave a talk at the Navy Center for Applied Research in Artificial Intelligence in Washington, D.C. While making his rounds at Calspan, perhaps Tim McVeigh picked up a company newsletter that discussed the work of Cliff Kurtzman, a graduate of UCLA and MIT's Space Systems Lab and a "team leader" in the R&D of artificial intelligence and telerobotics.

Besides the Air Force and NASA, Calspan is a ranking subcontractor of Sentar, Inc., an advanced science and engineering firm capable, according to company literature, of creating artificial intelligence systems. Sentar's customers include the U.S. Army Space and Strategic Defense Command, the Advanced Research Projects Agency, Rockwell International, Teledyne, Nichols Research Corp. and TRW.
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 pm

The "guilt by association" prize goes to retired Brigadier General Benton Partin of the USAF, who laid responsibility for the Oklahoma bombing on "leftists" conducting a "psycho-political operation going on at the present time against the 'Christian Right' bogeyman." The payoff, Partin insisted darkly, was a propaganda victory for "a world commonwealth of independent states" plotting to "criminalize the patriotic support of Constitutional rights."

Partin called a one-hour press conference at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. on June 15. The conference was attended by over 100 reporters, representing every major broadcast, newspaper and wire service, independent news firm and the foreign media.

But then Brig. Gen. Partin was not a disinterested party. He served 31 years in the Air force, in the research, design, testing and management of weapons development. He was commander of the Air Force Armament Technology Laboratory. He boasts that he held authority over all advanced weapons concepts R&D'd by the Air Force and its high-tech contractors - which would, of course, include Calspan.

The connection to Timothy McVeigh, and the nature of the sensitive, classified work done by the firm, have somehow escaped the notice of the press. The sole exception was a cursory mention of Calspan that appeared in the Boston Globe a few days after the blast.

But CIA watchers everywhere caught their breath when CNN announced that a psychological trauma team, mustered by the American Psychological Association, would converge in Oklahoma City to treat survivors of the explosion and the victims' families - led by none other than Dr. Louis Jolyon West of UCLA's Neuropsychiatric Institute. Dr. West is a sinister creation of the Agency's mind control fraternity. Among other totalitarian projects, he has studied the use of drugs as "adjuncts to interpersonal manipulation or assault," and employed pioneers in the field of remote, electronic mind control experimentation at UCLA.

West has recommended to federal officials that drugs be used to control "bothersome" segments of the population:

"This method, foreseen by Aldous Huxley in {Brave New World} (1932), has the governing element employing drugs selectively to manipulate the governed in various ways. In fact, it may be more convenient and perhaps even more economical to keep the growing numbers of chronic drug users (especially of the hallucinogens) fairly isolated and also out of the labor market, with its millions of unemployed.

To society, the communards with their hallucinogenic drugs are probably less bothersome--and less expensive--if they are living apart, than if they are engaging in alternative modes of expressing their alienation, such as active, organized, organized, vigorous political protest and dissent."
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  hacksecrets Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 am

Most of human history has been a series of efforts by some humans to control what other humans think. When this effort doesn’t take the form of a dominant organized Religion, we call it “mind control” and officially designate it as “bad.”

Cults and Secret Societies have used simple brainwashing techniques for as long as anyone can remember.

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mindcontro

The word “assassin,” for instance, is Arabic for “user of hashish.” The original assassins were an 11th Century Islamic cult of killers called the Nizari, who were promised the glories of martydom (not unlike their modern equivalents). Their leader offered a preview of the paradise to come, visions allegedly delivered via large doses of hash. In India, highly secretive cults flourished for centuries in the names of some of the more violent deities such as Kali.

Hypnotism

In addition to practicing simple mind control techniques on their own, these robber and murderer cults also inspired others to adopt their techniques. The Knights Templar were founded to fight off just such bands of robbers and murderers, who had been targeting Christian pilgrims in the Holy Lands.

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mindmesmergd3

The Knights (and their brethren, the Freemasons) quickly discovered the power of cult techniques such as isolation, hypnagogic rituals, arcane initiations and oaths of secrecy, which they very successfully applied among their ranks. Despite being victimized by the skilled torturers of the Inquisition (themselves masters of “thought reform”), none of the loyal thousands of Knights ever spilled any of the group’s deepest secrets.

In the 1700s, Franz Anton Mesmer was born, marking a turning point in the history of mind control. Mesmer developed a technique called “animal magnetism” as a medical technique for treating a number of illnesses (primarily psychosomatic) which were not well understood at the time. Animal magnetism was quickly dubbed “mesmerism” and later morphed into “hypnotism.”

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mindhypnowheelug6

Mesmerism involved different techniques, including the placement or brandishment of literal magnets around the subjects, and the monotonous repetition of words and tones, which induced a trance-like state in its subjects.

In a hypnotic trance, the subject is prone to suggestibility. They tend to believe what they are told and their senses will malfunction to back up these suggestions. Mesmer primarily used the technique to cure various stress-related illnesses but it soon became clear that hypnotism could also be used to make people do things they wouldn’t normally do.

Today, any respectable hypnotist will assure you that a person under hypnosis can’t be induced to do anything they wouldn’t normally be able to do. But then, it’s not the respectable hypnotists that you have to worry about. Regardless of their protestations of harmlessness, the suggestibility of a hypnotized subject offers ample opportunity for the hypnotist to wreak havoc.

Aside from the possibility of just ordering the subject to become a killing machine, which is not a reliable technique, one can plant suggestions that allow the subject to justify all manner of wrongdoing (i.e., “Jim is planning to kill you. He will kill you unless you kill him first. You had better kill him in self-defense.”).

Hypnotic techniques can also be used to plant “post-hypnotic” suggestions, in which a certain set of circumstances (such as the utterance of a “trigger phrase”) cause the subject to act out a preprogrammed behavior. This is more popular as a Hollywood device than effective in the real world, but it can be done.

The main problem with hypnosis as a mind-control technique is that it’s pretty difficult to hypnotize someone against their will. That’s why insidious megalomaniacs returned to the techniques used by the first Assassins — drugs — while inventing new and exciting ways to manipulate the masses in an economical fashion.
hacksecrets
hacksecrets

จำนวนข้อความ : 765

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  hacksecrets Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:37 am

Television and Subliminals

Subliminal mind control also plays to the suggestibility of humankind (i.e., the presumption that we are not much more sophisticated than sheep). The technique, most famously used in advertising, involves embedding secret images into harmless-looking images in order to “sneak” a message directly into the viewers subconscious.

Subliminal advertising has existed for a long time in the form of subtle visual cues embedded in still pictures, but the technique first hit the big time in the 1950s, when marketer named James Vicary invented a method for inserting subliminal messages into films.

His technique would flash a simple text message for a single frame on a movie screen. While viewers were enjoying a nice movie, the words “Eat popcorn” or “Drink Coke” would flit by on the screen too quickly for the conscious mind to see. The results were anecdotally reported to be spectacular, with massive increases in theater concessions sales. The apparent success of the technique (which was never replicated in a controlled scientific setting) alarmed the hell out of most people and subliminal advertising was subsequently banned (although it still pops up in insidious ways, especially in liquor ads for some reason).

The use of subliminals in mind control of the “Big Brother-evil empire” variety has never been extensively documented (unlike the use of drugs, see below), but it stands to reason that if the technique is even marginally effective, someone is probably using it.

Subliminals and hypnotism have also been adopted by the “self-help” crowd, as a way to assist people in difficult tasks which they would prefer not to accomplish through self-discipline and hard work.

These include, most prominently, quitting smoking and losing weight. Retailers everywhere stock endless recordings of happy white-sound noises (such as ocean surf or New Age ambient music) which feature subliminal audio tracks running underneath, with messages such as “You don’t want to smoke” or “You don’t want to eat.”

While scientific types are highly skeptical about the effectiveness of subliminals, science hardly matters to people who want to make a quick buck, or people who want to quit smoking without tears.

Behavioral Conditioning

The most effective form of mind control, often used in conjunction with drugs, involves behavioral conditioning. This is a pretty simple concept. You put someone in a controlled environment, then you punish them for “bad thoughts” and reward them for “good thoughts.”

George Orwell presented one of the most thorough visions of a behaviorally controlled society in “1984,” a nightmare vision of a world in which government uses heavy-handed techniques to keep people thinking the right kinds of thoughts at any given time. Sci-fi writer Philip K Dick also frequently delved into this territory, as did Patrick McGoohan’s groundbreaking TV series, “The Prisoner.”

In addition to such obvious techniques as torture and drugs, behavioral conditioning can be accomplished in more subtle ways, often reputedly employed by religious cults and top secret government prisons.

Known as “coercive persuasion,” the technique involves breaking up an individual’s usual routine, isolating them from contact with the outside world, Pavolovian rewards and punishment, and “non-violent” coercions such as sleep deprivation, humiliation and various kinds of noise disruptions.

Although religious cults took a lot of heat in the 1980s and 1990s for employing these techniques, that hasn’t stopped the George W Bush Administration from openly and shamelessly using these methods against alleged terrorists such as Jose Padilla and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, despite prohibitions against such treatment of prisoners in the Geneva Conventions. The rationale offered by the administration for these actions pretty much boils down to “The end justifies the means.”

But then, Bush is hardly the first U.S. president to oversee mind control projects. He’s just the first to bother offering a rationale. Which brings us, inevitably, to the subject of…
hacksecrets
hacksecrets

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  hacksecrets Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:41 am

Drugs!

Although Ben Franklin is rumored to have investigated hypnotism on behalf of the government back in the early days of the nation, the institutionalization of mind control techniques by top-secret government conspiracies didn’t become a growth industry until the onset of the Cold War.

Inspired in part by Nazi successes with propaganda and torture techniques, the Central Intelligence Agency and the KGB undertook massive research ventures designed to break human beings down into malleable robots, which was considered a useful technique in both intelligence practices and domestic governance.

In the 1950s, the CIA began experimenting with mind-control as part of an infamous program known as MKULTRA. The most famous outgrowth of this program was the popularization of LSD as a recreational drug, which had rather the opposite effect on society than was being sought.

Under MKULTRA, the CIA conducted hundreds of experiments on unwitting people in the San Francisco area and elsewhere. In some of these tests, the Agency hired hookers to dose their johns with LSD so CIA scientists could study the effects.

The agency shredded most of its documentation on the MKULTRA plan before it became public. What little is known suggest that the government was trying to create “supersoldiers” and sleeper agents who would feel no pain and who would be under the absolute control of their superiors.

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mindmanchurianal3

The Soviets were engaged in similar experiments, which formed the basis of the movie “The Manchurian Candidate,” in which Frank Sinatra played a mind-controlled former prisoner of war sent on a mission of assassination against the U.S.

A side-effect of these proven experiements is a whole host of unproven conspiracy theories regarding mind control and political assassinations. Virtually every major political assassination in the 20th Century has been attached to a mind-control conspiracy of lesser or greater credibility, including John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Malcolm X.

The Robert Kennedy case is particularly interesting to mind control aficionados. RFK was killed by a “lone gunman” named Sirhan Sirhan. According to Sirhan’s defense team, the assassin was extremely susceptible to hypnosis. When a defense psychologist hypnotized him, the first thing Sirhan allegedly said was, “I don’t know any people.” Sirhan appeared to be in an altered state of consciousness when he was arrested and claimed to have no memory of shooting RFK.

Regardless of all these claims, one thing is pretty clear: LSD is remarkably ineffective as a mind control agent. Barbiturates and narcotics are useful for encouraging trance states, but they also diffuse the subject’s focus, making hypnotism per se problematic. Highly addictive drugs are often used as the “poor man’s mind control,” by hooking the subject on coke or heroin and then making them do tricks to get their fix. This technique (most commonly used to obtain blow jobs) is notoriously unreliable, since hardcore addicts tend to be pretty unstable.

Relatively new drugs such as Ritalin and Prozac have been the subject of much speculation among conspiracy theorists, since they have a remarkable success rate in transforming rebellious or difficult children (and adults) into compliant conformist consumers without the need for such tedious old-school techniques as “parenting” and “discipline.”

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mindritalinyl6

Ritalin is a central nervous system stimulant designed to treat a “disease” called “attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.” Now, you may be wondering why a stimulant is used to treat hyperactivity, but you’re not a doctor, so give up any hope of understanding. You’re just going to have to trust The Man. (Even doctors don’t have a good answer to this question. The National Institute of Mental Heatlh says “The answer to this question is not well established,” and adds “more research is needed.” Implied but not overtly stated are the credos: “Trust The Man” and “We Just Pump Your Kids Full Of Drugs Until Something Seems To Work.”)

The current “thinking” is that 5 percent of U.S. children are suffering from this “disease,” for which the NIMH lists such symptoms as inattentiveness in school, the inability to sit still, the desire to run around and play, fidgeting in a classroom chair, impulsiveness and impatience, or making inappropriate comments. If you remember doing any of these things as a child, then you really missed out on the super drug-induced behavior modification that kids today enjoy so well.

Upwards of 8 million American children are estimated to be using Ritalin or a related drug type, and that appears to be a lowball estimate based on old data. Ritalin use has increased nearly 1,000 percent in 10 years.

If all that isn’t “Big Brother” enough for you, consider this tidbit from NIMH: “Physicians and parents should be aware that schools are federally mandated to perform an appropriate evaluation if a child is suspected of having a disability that impairs academic functioning (specifically including ADHD).” So don’t worry! If you can’t keep your kid in line, The Man will do it for you!
hacksecrets
hacksecrets

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  hacksecrets Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:45 am

Sci-Fi Techniques

With all this ugly reality out there, you wouldn’t think there would be a great need for nutty conspiracy theories about cornball sci-fi mind control techniques being secretly employed against the masses. But you’d be wrong.

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mindbrainspikesdt9

One of the favorite modern theories about secret mind control has to do with satellites beaming microwaves or other forms of virulent radiation into the brains of a mostly unsuspecting public (as in the HAARP Project, among others). The suspecting public appears to be largely composed of schizophrenics, who for some reason are particularly fond of this theory. Hell, maybe it’s true, who knows? There is no publicly available scientific research to support the idea that microwaves can be used for mind control, but then there wouldn’t be, now would there?

Magnetism has also been a favored sci-fi approach to mind control since the days of Mesmer’s animal variety. There’s a sort of, kind of, general plausibility to this thinking that stems from the electrical nature of the brain, but again, you’d be hard pressed to find a working theory to explain how one goes from the general idea to a working prototype.

The lack of credible research is no obstacle to the determined inventor, however, as evidenced by the dozens of patents on file for various gadgets and gizmos intended to transform the Average Joe into an Empowered-Mind-Dominating-Superfreak.

One such device is an “apparatus for and method of sensing brain waves at a position remote from a subject (… which) also can be used to produce a compensating signal which is transmitted back to the brain to effect a desired change in electrical activity therein.” This 1976 patent apparently never made it to mass production (or if it did, all memory of such a device has been eradicated from our brains using the device itself).

Not all approaches to mechanical mind control are so subtle. Since electroshock therapy came on the scene in the 1940s, numerous methods have been introduced to “help” people with behavioral conditioning, usually via electrical shock. The most innocuous of these involves a wristband designed to shock smokers when they lift a cigarette to their lips. Among the most lethal-looking is a device that appears to involve electrically charged spikes driven into one’s skull. Now, THAT’S a good time!
hacksecrets
hacksecrets

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  hacksecrets Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 am

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Infrasonic-amplifier

INFRASOUND AMPLIFIER / TAOS HUM AMPLIFIER /
PSYCHIC POWERS AMPLIFIER /
BRAINWAVE AMPLIFIER / SUBSONIC AMPLIFIER
for FORTEAN RESEARCH / PSYCHIC RESEARCH /
PARANORMAL RESEARCH / MIND CONTROL RESEARCH

New. Infrasound Amplifier / Taos Hum Amplifier / Psychic Power Amplifier / Brainwave Amplifier. The brainwave frequencies are: Alpha (8 Hz - 12 Hz - Awake, mild/moderate stimulation), Beta (15 Hz - 25 Hz - Awake, moderate/excited stimulation), Delta (0.5 Hz - 4 Hz - Stage 3 Sleep, Stage 4 Sleep), Theta (4 Hz - 8 Hz - Stage 1 Sleep and REM Sleep), and Spindles (12 Hz - 15 Hz - Stage 2 Sleep, often with K-Complex). You cannot measure brainwave BW frequencies unless you have an amplifier which will amplify electronic signals in the infrasound bandwidth (BW). Even the highest quality, most expensive audio amplifiers don't amplify signals much below 20 Hz (the human lower hearing limit) - they cannot amplify infrasonic BW sounds of the brainwave frequencies, so are useless for biofeedback purposes involving brainwaves or any other infrasonic BW sound, electrical, magnetic or electromagnetic phenomena. While oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers will display brainwave frequencies, because brain wave signals are extremely weak (microvolts), only the most expensive scopes will amplify them enough for decent viewing or analysis (and these usually require 1X probes). For most oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers, you need an external infrasonic BW amplifier to provide adequate signal boosting if you want to view brainwave signals more than 1 cm peak-to-peak on the scope display. Furthermore, since scopes are wideband, noise frequencies above the infrasonic BW will also be amplified and displayed along with the BW frequencies (e.g. 60 Hz electrical power interference), thus making viewing and analysis of the brainwave frequencies and other infrasound frequencies on a commercial scope much more difficult and sometimes almost impossible. And unamplified brainwave signals are useless for any direct application for biofeedback, other brainwave and other infrasonic applications.

This infrasound amplifier will amplify infrasonic frequences from 0.25 Hz to 25 Hz, with strong signal rejection above 30 Hz. Input impedance is very high. Tunable gain (volume control) up to an incredible 1,000,000 (100 db). This amplifier, with the proper input transducer will amplify brainwave and many other infrasound BW signals as well, such as earthquake sounds, TAOS hum sounds, infrasonic weapon system sounds, low-frequency magnetic fluctuations, low frequency motor sounds and engine sounds, super woofer speaker outputs, and other low-frequency and sub-audio sounds.

This is one Item in a group of closely related Items you may be interested in: (1) Wideband Ultrasonic Amplifier, (2) Infrasonic Amplifier - this Item, (3) Magnetic Transducer, (4) Ultrasonic Microphone, and (4) Soft-Pinch Electrodes.

Note that these amplifiers are all unique handmade creations so while I have limited quantity, the one you get may not be the exact one shown in the image as there are variations in external component (i.e. switch, connectors, volume control pot, LED) and label placements. Because these are handmade electronic creations, as opposed to mass-produced assembly-line equipment, these are all individually tuned and tweaked for optimum distortion-free performance.

This special amplifier is not intended for any medical uses. We are not licensed medical professionals. We make no medical or paranormal (including but not limited to psychic powers) claims. NOTE: If psychic powers exist, this extremely low frequency amplifier may be useful to amplify psychic powers for psychic powers research. We make no claims that psychic powers exist. This amplifier can also be used for many general electronic laboratory, shop, automotive and hobby / craft uses.

This Item does not include any infrasonic microphones, infrasonic electrodes, infrasonic probes or infrasonic transducers. Our Magnetic Transducer listed above works deep into the infrasonic BW frequencies (down to about 0.5 Hz) to detect extremely low frequency magnetic fields in conjunction with this infrasonic amplifier, and is great, for example, to detect brainwaves.

My biomedical research over the last decades was/is into Mind Control, Subliminal Mind Control, Electronic Attack (including electromagnetic attack, ultrasonic attack and infrasonic attack), Electronic Harassment, Brain wave Entrainment (or Brain Entrainment), Brainwashing, Body Control, Behavioral Modification, Electronic Implants, Radionics/Psychotronics/Psionics, Biofeedback, Plant Stimulation / Plant Monitoring, and Fortean Phenomena and other Unexplained Phenomena for Consumertronics.net of Albuquerque, NM (high-tech books, manuals, research, consulting and for Lone Star Consulting, Inc. of El Paso, TX (huge number of related device types, unique customized devices consulting, etc., see its FREE MIND CONTROL TUTORIAL). My related books and manuals (including ebooks) include, "Mind Control," "Subliminal Mind Control," "Electromagnetic Brainblaster," and "Under Attack!" I have such a huge amount of test equipment related to this type of research, much of it duplicate or similar to each other, some I am now selling as surplus biofeedback / mind control equipment. - Thanks, John J. Williams, M.S.E.E.

LIMITED QUANTITY.

Seller listing codes: LD093, LR000-S00, LS000-R00, MM000, CC000. $395.95 S/H: $9.90
hacksecrets
hacksecrets

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Mind Reading? Get Real

By Noah Shachtman
February 23, 2007

Last month, I wrote this lengthy article in the Washington Post Magazine about a group of people who believes the government is controlling their mind. Frankly, I was more interested in understanding why they believed in mind control than in trying to prove — as some would have preferred — that these folks are all mentally ill.

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Mind_control

One of the reasons that people believe in mind control is, well, because of so many over-hyped claims that science has already learned how to tap the deep crevices of our mind.

The latest example comes from the Max Planck Society in Germany, which recently became the latest bold entrant into the world of brain reading. Researchers there claimed they were able to spot brain patterns that indicate intent.

Naturally, this announcement resulted in a bunch of breathlessly enthusiastic articles about the advent of mind reading. The society clearly fanned this enthusiasm with their own statement about the work: "For the first time they were able to "read" participants’ intentions out of their brain activity. This was made possible by a new combination of functional magnetic resonance imaging and sophisticated computer algorithms (Current Biology, 20th February 2007, online: 8th February).

My take: These guys may have made some really interesting advances in neuroscience, but they probably watched the film Minority Report
one too many times and came up one ball short. If you saw the movie
(back when Tom Cruise had a movie career), you’ll remember that a trio of bald soothsayers soaked in a wading pool, while Tom Cruise waived his hands around. The idea was to pinpoint future murders, thus preventing them from ever taking place. The soothsayers communicated through colored balls engraved with the murder victim’s name. It’s a fun film, as long as you remember the "fiction" part of science fiction.

Here’s how the institute explained its technique:

Our secret intentions remain concealed until we put them into action – so we believe. Now researchers have been able to decode these secret intentions from patterns of their brain activity.
They let subjects freely and covertly choose between two possible tasks
- to either add or subtract two numbers. They were then asked to hold in mind their intention for a while until the relevant numbers were presented on a screen. The researchers were able to recognize the subjects intentions with 70% accuracy based alone on their brain activity – even before the participants had seen the numbers and had started to perform the calculation...

The work… goes far beyond simply confirming previous theories. It has never before been possible to read out of brain activity how a person has decided to act in the future. The trick by which the invisible is made visible lies in a new method called
"multivariate pattern recognition". A computer is programmed to recognize characteristic activation patterns in the brain that typically occur in association with specific thoughts. Once this computer has been "trained" it can be used to predict the decisions of subjects from their brain activity alone. An important technical innovation also lies in combining information across extended regions of the brain to strongly increase sensitivity.

Why do I find this all a bit dubious? Because brain researchers, by all accounts, are many years away from understanding the very complex brain processes that are truly linked to intent, future action, and every-day thought. Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging, or fMRI, is useful for monitoring brain activity, but claims of clear links to specific intentions is somewhat dubious. As one astute Navy scientist told me last year: "People find the pictures of brain activity exciting. They think they are more exciting than they are. Because it’s visual, they think it’s reality. There’s a tremendous amount of inference."

In fact, I wrote a bit about "mind reading" in this month’s issue of Defense Technology International, in an article called "Bad Intentions." In that case, some ambitious researchers attempted to use infrared imaging to detect small heat changes in a person’s face, hoping to correlate those changes with deception. Several firms were awarded Navy small business contracts for work in this area. A novel idea that, if it worked, would open the field to mass scanning devices at airport and border crossings.

The two companies I interviewed — Technest Holdings and Barron Associates
– were very good firms and employed smart researchers who were honest about their results. Detecting a specific intent, they acknowledged, was pretty darn difficult, and not really feasible using infrared imaging (though they still clung to hope that heat could correlate to mood changes). But mind reading? No way. You have to wonder about the military folks who thought this was a nifty idea in the first place.

Even the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), a place known for harboring some of its own far-fetched ideas, was unusually pessimistic about this heat-seeking approach. The agency told me:

However, in general the use of fNIR
[functional near infrared imaging] to detect specific cognitive states such as intent to deceive does not appear practical as a wide-scale screening tool. First it would require a large experimental program to connect the fNIR output to the cognitive state over a wide range of people and it is entirely possible that such a correlation does not exist. Second, even if there were such a universal correlation, it is likely to be badly confounded by trained countermeasures. Finally, eye safety and the high levels of IR light found in even a normally lighted room make it impractical to do fNIR remotely. DARPA is not pursuing this technology for stand-off detection or contact detection of complex mental states.

Of course, DARPA’s talking here just about infrared imaging, and not fMRI, which I suspect is of greater interest to the agency. But even then, the issues are somewhat similar: consistent correlations across a wide population; possible countermeasures; and the general ability to match up brain patterns with specific intent.

Final thoughts: for the time being, I’m guessing a good psychic has about the same chance at "mind reading" as scientists.

– Sharon Weinberger

UPDATE: Noah here. Darpa may not like the infrared imagining. But the agency hasn’t totally given up on the mind-reading game, however. More to come, soon.
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Top Pentagon Scientists Fear Brain-Modified Foes

By Noah Shachtman
June 9, 2008

HAARPS = Mind Control - Page 2 Rodent_brain_chip

There’s concern in some corners of the U.S. military about "enemy activities in sleep research," neuro-pharmaceutical performance enhancement, and "brain-computer interfaces." And it’s not coming from the Pentagon’s scientific fringe, or from some tin-hat kook with a Defense Department badge. The celebrated scientists on the Pentagon’s most prestigious scientific advisory panel, JASON, are the ones worried about adversaries’ ability "to exploit advances in Human Performance Modification, and thus create a threat to national security."

In a recent report, unearthed by Secrecy News, the JASONs are recommending that the American military push ahead with its own performance-enhancement research — and monitor foreign studies — to make sure that the U.S.’ enemies don’t suddenly become smarter, faster, or better able to endure the harsh realities of war than American troops.

The JASONs are particularly concerned about (and excited by) new drugs that promote "brain plasticity" — rewiring the mind, essentially, by helping to "permanently establishing new neural pathways, and thus new cognitive capabilities." The military has already tested these neuro-modulators as a way to keep troops alert after sleepless nights.

But these new drugs will certainly have extensive off-label use for improvement of memory and cognitive performance. [They] may have the additional effect of weakening or overwriting existing memories. Depending on the ultimate performance of these drugs, adversaries might use them in training programs or field operations… to increase troop effectiveness or modify troop behavior and/or emotional responses.

The scientific group also wants the military to keep close watch on the hardware and software which connects the human brain to machines.

American researchers have used these brain-computer interfaces to develop new prosthetics — and to train monkeys to control robotic limbs. Northrop Grumman just won a Pentagon contract to develop binoculars that will tap the subconscious mind. The JASONs believe "the primary threat potential for adversarial use of a Brain-Computer interface…

…may arise in a feedback mode, in which a the interface provides a soldier with a simple signal or a pain/pleasure pulse in response to externally provided situational information.
Longer term adversarial developments may include prosthetic applications providing specialized sensory input or mechanical output.

None of this is likely to happen soon, of course. Even the most basic of these advances — a drug to effectively, consistently fight sleep deprivation — still isn’t ready for wartime. "If an opposing force had a significant sleep advantage, this would pose a serious threat. However, the technical likelihood of such a development is small at present," the JASONs note.

But since "existing neuro-pharmaceuticals" are "used rather commonly… as study aids." And since "the US military will certainly test whether, and to what extent, the new lessons of neuroscience can be used in military training… it is reasonable to expect that adversaries will do so as well. We do not expect the development of super-soldiers as a result of improved training, although enhanced military capability can certainly be expected."

While it is possible to improve athletic performance using supplements, or banned substances (e.g the former East German sports teams), such improvements often are either small in effect, highly variable from individual to individual, or dependent on coordination with highly disciplined training regimes. As a result, the tactical advantage that might be gained by any adversary employing supplements is not likely to be overwhelming in general operations. Special circumstances, as in the use of khat in Somalia, can however contribute to unexpected enemy behavior. Therefore it is important for the US to establish and maintain awareness of adversaries’ uses of performance modifying substances (either as part of local culture, or officially established military policy).
sunny
sunny

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ตั้งหัวข้อ  sunny Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:02 pm

ติดตามต่อได้ในกระทู้

Light + Sound = New Weapon
sunny
sunny